When I started blogging, I had no idea what I wanted from this journey. Among many questions, I also contemplated if anyone will even read my words? Will it be worth putting on the internet? Is it too personal? and the list goes on.
So it will be an understatement to say that when Pene from justpene.com nominated me for this award, I was over the moon happy.
The joy, oh, the joy!!!
For that, Penne, THANK YOU!!!!!!
A little about her – she calls her site, Penne Pasta for the Soul. I don’t think there could be a better description to what you can find there. Her creations are like food for your soul. In her words, she’s a mother, a healer, a daughter, and a friend. She very well represents her experiences as all of those in her writings.
The thing which attracted me the most to her site among her anecdotes was her tagline….”Behind every strong woman; are all the other women that came before!”
Clearly a giver! Please check out her site.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.
11 Questions Asked of Me:
- What time of day you consider your most creative?
Early mornings, when I am sitting on my patio with coffee 🙂
- Who/what encouraged your love for writing?
My mom definitely encouraged me to write. I remember, how she would read books to me and stop half way asking me to finish the stories. It was so annoying to go from being a passive listener to an active thinker. But it helped!
Moms and their tricks!
Have you ever regretted posting something on your blog, and if so why?
I did. One of my earlier pieces. The reason may make you laugh. It was because I didn’t get any likes so I thought it wasn’t good enough. Aaah.. the egregious need to be recognized.
Fortunately, I very quickly got over the game of likes.
What is the best advise you have received and from whom?
Ties well with the previous question. It was to write for myself. By my wise husband. Hope he isn’t listening. Haha!
Name your most defining quality.
Seeking positivity in everything, especially in adversities.
What is your favorite meal and why?
Does wine qualify for a meal? Haha..
What advise would you give yourself 20 years from now?
Perfection is overrated. Something I have been telling myself for a really long time. Slow learner here.
Who/what is the most influential force in your life?
My family, hands down!!! My babies, parents, brother and of course my husband.
If you could travel the universe, where would you go?
I would like to say something exotic, like one of the planets or space but the travel there in a space shuttle doesn’t appeal to me so I will stick to somewhere on our dear earth.
Anywhere with water in my view and sand underneath my feet.
What do you think of our world today?
I will answer that using a quote from Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr, “plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose”, meaning the more that changes, the more it’s the same thing.
The “same” can be good or bad, it all depends on your perspective.
Have you ever had a divine encounter, if so tell us a little more about it.
May sound silly, but each time I was trying to come up with the names of my kids, there was something divine which helped me in the selection. It was as if someone told me that this is what they will be called. Surreal!
And The Nominees:
11 Questions for My Nominees:
- What/who inspires you on a daily basis?
- Did blogging seek you or you sought this art?
- Which is that one post of yours which you loved the most? you can share the link!
- What is the best advise you have received and from whom?
- Whats your comfort food?
- If you could time travel, which year would you visit? and why?
- Which is your favorite book and why?
- Has anyone pleasantly surprised you in the recent past and how?
- What’s one thing you cant stand?
- What do you think of our world today?
- If you had a superpower (you might already have one), what would it be? 😉
Slightly confused on who constitutes to be a new blogger and how do I find that out…? whats novelty and what’s not? Everyone is new, when you are new!
In any case, selected a few. Please know that there are MANY MANY more.