Hi everyone! This post is a special collaboration with a few bloggers that I’m lucky enough to call friends, to create a short story.
I was tagged by Kathy with the resolution part of the story with the theme of sacrifice.
Just as there are five parts in a traditional plot structure, we will have:
- An Introduction
- A Problem
- A Climax
- A Resolution
- A Conclusion
Original Image can be found here at: storyboardthat.com
You will be tagged to complete one of these five elements, along with given a theme (such as: beauty of simplicity, comedy, overcoming fear, love and romance, youth and beauty, coming of age, circle of life, friendship, empowerment).
- Provide a link back to the creators (Of Progress and Purpose, KNJ Snippets & Tales, and Ink and Thoughts) so that we can see what you write!
- Share “The Tag” and “The Rules” to help eliminate confusion.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their portion of the story.
- Write your element with 3-4 days and try to keep it to around 50-60 words.
- Choose one or more persons to continue the story and assign them a theme.
- You may wish to let them know ahead of time in the comments, so that they can opt out if they don’t want to participate.
- If you write a conclusion, whoever you tag will start a new story of their own.
- If you tag more than one person, your readers will be able to choose their own adventure!
- Have fun with it! You are all so creative and inspiring, We can’t wait!
And so without further ado…
An Introduction: (by Jenny – link)
Kathy moved quickly, narrowly missing the rocks and roots scattered about the forest floor. A branch grazed her cheek once or twice, but she pressed most of them away with her free hand. In her remaining hand, she held fast to a new beginning, her heart beating nearly out of her chest. Hope bubbled inside her with each new step.
A Problem: (by Greg – link)
Kathy turned to look at a squirrel, taking her eyes off a branch that smacked her face a second later. She screamed, falling to the ground and landing in bear droppings. “Kathy?” a voice called. Kathy blushed, mortified, seeing the handsome gentleman she had come to meet, the source of her new hope. He had witnessed her moment of clumsiness.
A Climax: (by Kathy – link)
Scrambling to right herself, Kathy brushed off the remnants of her folly. “You came,” she whispered, still clutching the half-broken locket. The man nodded, stepping closer until their bodies touched. Kathy trembled with anticipation as they connected their halves to completion. A blinding light burst from the heart locket and into the sky, creating an otherworldly glowing crescendo.
A Resolution: (by me!!)
In that magical moment, in midst of purple and silver fog, Kathy caught herself longingly gazing at him. She had hopelessly fallen in love with him, an alien. Her knees regressed to weakness. Her heart spewed plume of desires, to implore him to stay and to make love under those stubborn branches. But deep inside she knew his world was somewhere far away from hers, a world she could never be part of and a world he couldn’t stay away from. Conceding to that destiny, she recognized it was time to let him go.
Bhagyashree from Ink and Thoughts with the challenge of creating a conclusion for the story using the theme of empowerment. Good luck!